Ozymandias, from Watchmen #11.
By Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons and John Higgins.
I remember reading this and shouting “WHAT”
Not Iambic….Do Not Accept…
These tags I’ll pop, and boast in rhyming verse
that what I wear puts swagger in my gait;
though twenty shillings have I in my purse,
my self-esteem and manhood both inflate
when lofty furs I purchase for a cent.
Thy grandpa’s clothes are worthy salvage, though
they smell a trifle musty. Still, I spent
much less to dress myself from head to toe.
To save or not to save? The question’s moot.
I’ll never give my coin to high-street crooks.
These dusty shelves will yield their hidden loot
to those, like me, more frugal in their looks.
Like ancient coins washed up on distant shores,
I’ll find my treasures in these thrifty stores.
- Macklemore, “Thrift Shoppe”
*Crying with laughter*
ITS IN IAMBIC PENTAMETER. THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING.
Too fantastic not to reblog. Especially if you love Shakespeare. -H
Shepard’s got her priorities straight.
I love Malcolm Brown’s track a lot you guys should buy it freal.
EDIT: shews drew some rad track art for me so im gonna reblog it!
> wakes up
> “shit niqqa i feel fuckin good”
> looks at computer
> sees messages
> remembers what i did last night
lets put shit out there for everyone to see:
1. i was really bored
2. i didnt even hurt myself, my arm looked like i was mauled by a fucking kitten
3. i really need a sharper knife cuz that shit is just sad
4. while i tried cutting myself i was both watching house and talking with friends
5. i fell asleep pretty much directly after the second post so if i “ignored” you naw i didnt i was just fucking asleep
6. yous a bitch niqqa
7. i’s a bitch niqqa
8. i love you